12/3/12

Guest Blogger Picks: oh yenner!

I’ve never been to a craft show I didn’t like and City of Craft is no exception. From the creative displays to the unique pieces for sale, this show is an inspiration haven for craft junkies. While I’ve had a terrible track record of actually gifting away my purchases, my intentions are always good! This year’s intentions include:

- - -

Jon Hamm – A Colouring Book

Team Art - Jon Hamm 2


There’s something about Jon Hamm that makes me go insane. I’ve never fan-girled a celebrity as much as I have with dear old Don Draper so this Jon Hamm colouring book from Team Art is the perfect item for me to ogle this holiday season. The 90s Pop Divas and Hunky Dudes editions are on the list for lucky friends but trust that this one is all mine.

- - -

White Leather Card Holder with Double Pink Dots
Falconwright

I’ve never met confetti art I didn’t like and combined with perfect white leather and a cute snap button, I’m envisioning this Falconwright card holder as the sweetest little treat for a coworker.

- - -

Citrine and Pyrite Stud Earrings
rare specimen

During last April’s City of Craft show, I stood in front of the rare specimens booth for several minutes with a furrowed brow and stacks of earrings in hand. I left in a panic, unable to decide which pair to take home. Having studied the selection online and narrowed down my picks between the citrine and pyrite studs, I am confident that success is on my side this time around!

- - -

Scrap Bundles

the Workroom

The number one cause of chaos at City of Craft is the mad scramble to grab as many scrap bundles from the workroom booth as possible. These curated bundles are perfect for holiday crafting and beyond and I have every intention of getting my hands on these this year while dreaming of fabric buntings, homemade tape, and pom-pom garlands!

- - -

Mini Arrangements

Coriander Girl

There is no simpler joy than walking home with a vase of flowers in hand. Alison Westlake of Coriander Girl creates the most delicate collection of wildflowers and sweet blooms that are perfectly giftable to BFFs, party hosts, girlfriends and more!

- - -

Paper Sea Urchins

Old Weston

This last pick is all for me. In my search for unique ornaments to adorn my first Christmas tree in the city, I’m terribly excited to get my hands on these Paper Sea Urchins from Old Weston.

- - -

Yen Tran is an avid City of Craft supporter, living out her crafting job dreams vicariously through the vendors at the show. She shares her thoughts on all things happy on her personal blog oh yenner! and can often be found live tweeting from an alarming number of craft shows at @ohyenner.

No comments:

Post a Comment