2/1/10

Meet Ella Kohlmann!

ella's kitties

Ella is a 12 year old girl, and she started her etsy site 2 years ago. So far, she's been a vendor at three of the trunk shows at the Workroom, and can't wait to be a vendor at the Love & Rummage Trunk Show 2. In August of 2008, she was asked by owner of the Workroom, Karyn Valino, if she would be a vendor at her upcoming Kids Trunk Show. She agreed, and ended up pretty much selling out by the end of the day. She was ten years old, and had discovered her calling. SHE LOVES TO CRAFT!

What's one thing that really inspires you and your work these days?
I have three cats, and they were what I used to base my clay cats on when I started. Now, I really just base them on people and experiences. So if I meet someone who is a photographer, I think: "Hey! I could make a photographer cat!". Or if I get an iPod for Christmas, I think: "I could make a cat with an iPod!".

What do you like to craft for yourself or for close friends and family only?
I often make clay cats for them, based on things they like. So my mum likes cooking and baking, so I made her a little chef cat with a batch of cookies! I also have a set of watercolours and watercolour pencil crayons, so I make paintings and cards too.

What's your favorite thing about toronto?
My favourite thing about Toronto? I don't know, but I like the ROM and the Workroom. There are too many things to choose from! So many craft stores, and craft shows, and workshops... I can't choose!

How do you deal with cold, cold winter nights?
Hmm... Cold winter nights? Well, hot cocoa, a fireplace, and my big box of clay and sculpting tools comes to mind...

Heart = organ or emotion?
The heart's a muscle and an organ, and you use your brain to have emotions... well, the shape of a heart, to me stands for love, but the muscle/organ that pumps your blood, well that's important, but not an emotion. I'll have to go with both!

No comments:

Post a Comment