12/10/11

Sponsor Profile: Yelp.ca

Yelp.ca

Who are you? My name is Vivek S and I'm the Community Manager for Yelp in Toronto.

Where are you located? Well, Yelp is everywhere. As long as a business has an address, anyone can review it. As for me personally, I can be found behind a brewed coffee from one the city's finest cafés, or exploring an undiscovered 'hood, or at an event with the Yelp community!

What do you/your business/your product do? Yelp is a website where you can read and write reviews of great local businesses. You can find all the places Torontonians love from bars and restaurants, to local services and shopping. We also have a weekly newsletter where you can learn about unsung local biz heroes; in our latest newsletter, yelpers share where to find those great one-of-a-kind gifts this holiday season (in addition to City of Craft, of course)!

What gets you pumped about doing what you do? I love connecting people with local businesses. With online and big box shopping everywhere, people sometimes forget that there are amazing, unique and absolutely perfect finds literally right around the corner from where we live. Toronto is a treasure trove of amazing businesses, so it's easy to get excited about that. Plus, as an Official Glutton™, Yelp keeps me in the know about the best places get my eat on.

What does your sponsorship for the show entail? Yelp is donating gifts for the gift bags and is featuring City of Craft as the sponsor of our Yelpiest Gift Guide Ever! We're also asking yelpers to pledge to shop local this year. We're helping the cause by pointing yelpers to local shops and fairs — like City of Craft!

What are you crafting this holiday season (festive beverages & baked goods count)? Does eggnog and rum count as "crafting"? If so, I will be crafting up a storm this holiday season. Oh, and my greeting cards are always handmade.

When City of Craft (and other awesome indie shows) is not on, where do you go for your crafty fix? I live for Toronto's many arts and crafts stores. I've even started a list on Yelp to keep track of my faves. Yep, you can review art supply stores too!

Yelp.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment